The data is available for comparisons in RiskExec’s Peer Analysis and Redlining Analysis modules. Although the raw peer files included new fields to accommodate the 2018 expanded data, this release in RiskExec includes a limited selection of the new data and all of the expanded GMI fields. The additional 2018 information will be added in an upcoming release of RiskExec.
As was the case in 2018, the CFPB has not yet released the national flat files and reports and this data was published via an online portal to allow users to search and download modified LAR files. The website notes that report publications will be coming soon.
The data is current as of March 29, 2019 and includes 5,619 institutions comprising 14,708,414 records. The following adjustments have been made to the data downloaded from the CFPB website:
- The portal included test institutions that were removed from the data.
- The LEI was used in place of prior year’s Respondent IDs.
- Some fields of the institution level transmittal sheet are not currently available.
The data published by the CFPB is evolving as institutions resubmit their data. As such, the public data is subject to change and the following items should be taken into consideration:
- This is a preliminary release and the data will be updated.
- The 2018 data includes HELOCs.
- The 2018 data includes records with no GMI if the applicant chose a freeform GMI field only.
- The Loan Identifier (ULI/NULI), application date and the action date have been redacted.